Making a difference in leadership education
The Missing Piece for Successful College Applications
Getting into college is a highly competitive process. Colleges consider GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular activities, and the list goes on. How can you stand out?
The Research Project offers a unique learning experience while preparing students for admission to highly competitive universities. It also is an ideal subject of a unique and memorable personal statement and a topic of conversation in the college interview.
The Research Project is the culmination of a student's learning channeled through a project-based learning experience. Students choose a topic of significance in their community and address it with the help of a committed project advisor. This real-world application is a rigorous exercise in problem-solving, creativity, and dedication.
Projects are two semesters long; however, the time-line can be adjusted according to each student's schedule. Throughout the project, we provide extensive one-on-one guidance on all aspects of developing a great project.
The Unique Features of the Research Project
• 1:1 sessions with a qualified project advisor
• Complete portfolio or report at the end of the project
• Project recognition award opportunities
• Project presentation opportunity
• Unique college-level learning experience
• Increased chances of college acceptance
• Ideal topic for college essays and interview
• Research skills and experience
• Opportunities to interact with community leaders
Open to All High School Students
The Research Project is available to our full-time students and students from other schools. Students in 10th-12th grade can sign up for this project throughout the year.
Copyright © 2013 Semita School